Search This Blog

Monday, December 9, 2013

The terrible week from hell

This week is the definition of terrible both for the diet and personally.

Monday night we went to the in-laws for dinner like normal.   They had made Lasagna with garlic bread for dinner.   So I had green beans with some sauce from the lasagna.  Wasn’t enough food and I was not feeling right.   I decided to go watch TV with Spincycle and CJBuddy while they finished eating and cleaned up.  I was snuggling with Spincycle because I was freezing.  Next thing I know they are waking me up to leave.  I had fallen asleep while sitting next to Spincycle. 

Middle of the night I woke up with a fever and a massive headache.  I took some pain killer and went back to sleep.  By the time I woke up to get the kids up I was so sick I could barely move.  Kilo took the kids to school and I could barely breathe due to a sore throat, let alone drink or eat anything. 

When I went to get the kids from school I decided this wasn't just a cold and headed to the doctors.  They did a rapid strep test (I had white patches) and it came back negative.  So feeling sad that things didn't get better went back home to feeling awful.  

By Wednesday morning I was still getting worse.   I had a really high fever that wasn't going down much even on full pain killers.  As the day went on I felt worse and worse. 

That night at 9:00pm I get a call from the doctor.  The culture test for strep came back positive.  So they called in some antibiotics.  Kilo wanted Yogurt Land so we got some on the way there.  I decided to have some with him since I hadn't got any food down all day.  It felt so darn good. 

Thursday I spent most of the day drugged up and sleeping still feeling awful.   My mom’s side of the family had a big Christmas get together planned for that night at a local roller skating rink.   She wanted me to come despite not feeling well.  So I drugged up good and we went roller skating.  Kilo and the kids had a BLAST. 

We at the karaoke party room, so when the kids were tired from skating they had treats and singing they could do.   I mostly watched because I still felt terrible even with the double dose of pain killers.   But I did borrow the kid’s scooters and go around the rink a few times. 

Friday I am still not feeling quite human yet.  Still can’t eat and super sore throat.   The kids had wanted to go see a free gymnastics meet at a local college.  But it was also payday.  So I did the shopping because we were out of food and by that time I was so done for the day.  So we talked the kids into staying home and doing a movie pizza night instead.  I was grateful they stayed home as I fell asleep again during the movie.

Saturday we went and saw Hobbit with Kilo’s family.   I was starting to finally feel slightly better.  Then I went home and got the younger kids ready for a family outing.  

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has a big block they own here.  Each year they decorate it with Christmas lights and nativity scenes.  Since I was a young child we have gone every year as a family. 

The last 10 years we have got together with my family and drove the Trax and Front Runner (mass transit train systems) downtown to see the lights.  It ends up being about a 6 hour event by the time we ride the trains, get dinner, walk around, and then ride the trains back. 

I reset my pedometer right before we left.  By the time I got home I had done just short of 7,000 steps.   Kilo says his was more then that but that is what mine said. 

Here are some fun pictures Kilo took




These are some my family shared on Facebook.
My family minus Mellissa
My family that came (half were home sick)
CJBuddy and SpinCycle waiting for train home

SpinCycle, Mychicksmom, Erlop waiting for train home

So the terrible week of sickness ended up with cheating eating because I couldn't eat most things.  I wanted to exercise this week and did none because of feeling so bad.  But on the bright side I finally broke my plateau and lost 3 pounds this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment